Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sip 'N See

This past Saturday, Grady's mom and aunts (Dawn, Debbie, Donna & Janie) hosted a sip n' see for everyone to come by to see Little Miss Demí. My sister, Courtney, flew in for the weekend. For the shower, I wanted to buy her a special dress - something old fashioned like what my sister and I use to wear when we were little. I found a dress from Nursery Couture (LOVE that store!) and they were able to place a rush on the monogram. It could not have turned out any cuter. Demí was pretty happy for the shower, except at one point, she was very sleepy and cried and refused to smile in pictures. It was understandable - we kept her up for almost 5 hours!!! After the shower, my mom, Courtney, Demí, and I went to visit my grandmother, Mema.
On Sunday, my parents brought my sister back up to Boerne for a last visit before she flew back to Dallas. We decided to have lunch at El Chapparel. The food was good, but after we finished eating, I took Demí out of her carseat and she had a massive blowout!!! All over her onesie, leg, and cute little legwarmers that I had dressed her in!!!!!!! It was so foul - we had to wipe off the poop at the table with napkins and then I had to rush her to the bathroom to change her. It was so bad I had to strip her down nekkid and put her under the sink to wash everything off. Fortunately, I had an extra outfit in my diaper bag so we wouldn't have to leave the restaraunt in only a diaper. Afterwards, Grady said if some other family at another table had been wiping up a blowout at the table with napkins and putting them in a chip basket he would have been repulsed. Welcome to parenthood!

The little hot pink monogrammed dress


Of course, she had bloomers to match!


Auntie Courtney, Mommy with Demí, Mimi

Alison Leonard, Demí & mommy, and Grace Hynnenin. Grace, Alison, and I discussed some of the cheerleading dances we performed in High School. We even remembered a few of them.

Janie made this precious diaper cake!

Smiling at her great-grandmother, Mema.

This photo was taken before the disasterous blowout at lunch. It took 4 washes to get that mess off her little legwarmers!!!!

After the mess at lunch, she seemed pretty content chewing on her toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am a busy stay-at-home-mommy with two daughters, both under two years old. Photography is my passion, and I love sharing the joy of capturing special moments. If you are interested in booking a session, contact me at alisonashleyfox@yahoo.com.