Sunday, January 17, 2010

Visit to Pearland to see Amberly and Beau

On January 16th, the cub and I left Boerne around 9am and drove to Pearland to visit Amberly and Beau. This was the longest road trip I was taking solo with the cub and I have to admit, I was pretty nervous. Demí slept from San Antonio to Sealy. She woke up crying with a poopy diaper. So I pulled into the safest place I saw -- McDonalds. I went inside and changed her and then brought her back outside to the car and nursed her in the backseat. After she finished eating, I strapped her back in and headed back onto the road for another hour of driving. The cub was not very happy about that and whined and cried most of the way there. Not a very fun time for either of us.
She did great the rest of the weekend. Amberly and I went shopping that afternoon and Am helped me pick out some cute home decor. For dinner, Beau and Amberly treated me to some delicious chinese food. After a bath, Demí went right to sleep in her little pack n' play in the
study. I cannot stay in the same room as her - she makes so many noises!!!! I stayed up with
Beau and Am for a couple of hours then headed to bed myself.
The next morning, after a quick breakfast, Demí and I hit the road again. This time, Demí slept all the way from Pearland to Seguin. We refueled at Mimi and Pampa's before hitting the road again. Once again, Demí slept the entire way home. What a great trip!
Amberly and Demí chillin' on the couch laughing at Jersey Shore.
Beau got a big kick out of this high chair that attaches anywhere and basically hovers. Lexi and Harley (their dog and cat) also liked the placement of the chair. All dropped food conveniently landed on the floor.
Grady is usually in charge of bathy time, so I did not realize how playful the cub is in the tub. She loves it and has a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am a busy stay-at-home-mommy with two daughters, both under two years old. Photography is my passion, and I love sharing the joy of capturing special moments. If you are interested in booking a session, contact me at alisonashleyfox@yahoo.com.