Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Welcome Scarlett Estelle

On February 9th, Scarlett Estelle was born at 3:00pm on the dot.  She weighed 8 lbs, 12 ounces (two ounces bigger than Demí!) and was 20 inches long.  Scarlett immediately took to nursing and has, so far, been a very sweet and content little angel.  
Poor Demí on the other hand, developed hives while I was in the hospital and was in extreme pain and discomfort for five days.  She was not able to sleep because of how itchy she was.  She clawed at her skin!  After a second visit to the doctor, we think we finally found a combination of medicine to ease the pain, and eventually get rid of the rash and hives. 
Other than her rash (and lack of sleep), Demí has pretty much been ignoring Scarlett.  Occasionally, she will come over when I am nursing and watch.  She asked for milk the first day so I pumped and gave her some in a sippy cup, but she has not asked for more since (although she gulped it down).  Today when Scarlett was fussing, Demí walked over to her, wagged her finger in her face, and said "no baby, no crying."  
I am very fortunate to have my mom here since Grady went back to work on Monday.  It has been a big adjustment (not to mention how little sleep everyone is getting) but we are really enjoying our new little babydoll. 


3 comments:

  1. Oh we are just so excited about Baby Scarlett!!! Hope we can visit soon and see her cute face :) Good luck getting some sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH for baby Scarlett's arrival! I am so happy for your whole family... including Demi who will realize in time how stinkin' lucky she is to have a little sister. Prayers for your sleep and for your own Momma this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scarlett is just precious and beautiful Ali! Love her cheeks :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

I am a busy stay-at-home-mommy with two daughters, both under two years old. Photography is my passion, and I love sharing the joy of capturing special moments. If you are interested in booking a session, contact me at alisonashleyfox@yahoo.com.