Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Scarlett's Growing!!!

My little baby is almost 10 months old!  I cannot believe it!  We had a bit of a scare at her 9 month check up.  Scarlett had lost about 7 ounces since her six month check up and the doctor was concerned with this weight loss.  He ordered a full blood test workup.  Of course, I was terribly upset, although, I had just been diagnosed with severe anemia the previous week and had a feeling, along with the pediatrician, that her weight loss was related to this.  For two agonizing days, I had to wait and figure out why my healthy little baby wasn't gaining weight.  I was so relieved to hear that her blood work looked great, and that Scarlett was only anemic.  It makes sense since she is breastfed and if I am deficient, then she will be too.  Simple fix for both of us...iron supplements and iron rich food!  Because of my anemia, my breast milk was drying up, so I had to go back to pumping, nursing her more frequently, and even taking a prescription to help me produce more milk.  The change in one week of the supplements and extra nursing sessions was truly amazing.  Scarlett seemed happier and less fussy, especially while nursing.  I think she would get so frustrated that I didn't have any milk and would just give up.  I am so relieved to have enough milk for my growing little baby.  She also is crawling now!!!!  I cannot thank my pediatrician enough for correctly pinpointing the problem.  We have a follow-up in 2 weeks and I cannot wait to see how much weight she has gained. 
Hmmm, mommy...the doctor report says you need to fatten me up!
She sat herself up in her bed after her nap!
Scarlett falls asleep sitting up pretty regularly.  Its funny and sad all at the same time.  I use to have to go in and lay her down, but now she does it on her own.

Lunching with her friend, Tess.  I have really been trying to pork her up...meat, eggs, yogurt, avocado, you name it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am a busy stay-at-home-mommy with two daughters, both under two years old. Photography is my passion, and I love sharing the joy of capturing special moments. If you are interested in booking a session, contact me at alisonashleyfox@yahoo.com.