This weekend, the Cubbie and I drove to Dallas with my mom and dad to attend Courtney's baby shower. Demí and I were hostesses so we were so excited for the big day! I was pretty nervous for several reasons: 1) this was the longest time Demí would be in a car, 2) Demí and I would be staying in the same hotel room (Demí was moved out of our room at 2 weeks old because she makes so many noises in her sleep!), and 3) the shower was smack dab in the middle of her afternoon nap. She did really well on the 4 hour drive to Dallas, although her carseat is so upright that she had a very difficult time napping. Once we got to Dallas, I was very relieved that my parents and I had adjoining suites. Demí was very happy walking back and forth between rooms. After her bath time, I put her in her pack n' play in my room and hung out in my parent's room until I was ready for bed. I snuck into the room around 9pm. Demí woke me up several times during the night. She cries out in her sleep every few hours. But I was able to get some good rest. The next day, Courtney brought us bagels (the cub had some of my lox and really liked it! No surprise - cubs love salmon). After a visit to Courtney and Evan's condo, we headed to the baby shower. Demí had a blast at the shower - walking around, carrying gift bags, posing for pictures, and eating cupcakes and strawberries. Courtney has such amazing friends. She got some wonderful things for her baby girl! After the shower, we had dinner back at the hotel and then put Demí down for bed. Again, she woke me up several times, but I went right back to sleep. Demí did wonderful on the drive home. We stopped in Georgetown so she could stretch her legs at the Burger King play area. Poor thing was only able to sleep half an hour on the way home because of her car seat. First thing I did when I got home was buy her a new car seat that can recline! We need a comfortable seat for her since Grady and I are taking her to the coast next weekend.
While we were waiting for Courtney to get off work on Friday, we went to a park.
Auntie Courtney met us at the park after work. The cubbie loves her Auntie Courtney but was very excited with the ducks on the pond.
Getting some help from Auntie Courtney. Her baby bump is so precious! 2 more months before the little girl is here!
She is such a good little walker now!
Swinging at the park.
Getting a big push from Pampa.
Getting her hair "did." Since we were in Dallas, we had to have big hair!

Checking out Susan's house. I LOVE her shoes. We got them at a baby boutique near SMU. They are pink glitter tennis shoes with little flowers on the velcro. So cute and punky!
Here are some gifts for my cousin!

Don't forget about this one!
A nibble of cupcake and icing. Truth be told, she preferred the strawberries.
A photo op with Courtney and the shower hostesses.
All of Courtney's wonderful friends and her smiley, happy niece!

Okay - I am ready to go home and see Daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment