Sunday, April 25, 2010

Demí's ear infection = no sleep at our house

I don't know what Demí's deal is when it comes to Slade's house, but both last Saturday and this Friday when we went over there to play, we had to leave early because Demí was feeling crummy. It is upsetting to me because Slade and Demí are only 2 weeks apart in age so they love playing together. Plus, I absolutely adore Slade's mommy, Kelsey. She probably thinks Demí is sick all the time!
In the earlier part of the week, Demí had not been napping well, wanted to
nurse a lot had been super fussy (which is just not like her), and had been coughing. Wednesday and Thursday night were the worst! On Wednesday, Demí was up at 1am and wanted me to hold her. She kept trying to sleep while I was holding her (sitting upright), which I did for about two hours. Around 3ish, I was finally able to put her down in her bed. Then Thursday night, Demí was crying every hour, for about 5-10 minutes ALL NIGHT LONG. Grady and I were so exhausted. We just couldn't figure out what was wrong.
Well, on Friday at Slade's, Demí again was acting fussy and lethargic. When I picked her up, her little body was so hot! I knew she had a fever. So I left early and drove straight to the pediatrician (who saw me immediately...reason #276 why I love Boerne). Demí had a 102.8 and a bad ear infection. The doctor gave her some antibiotics (and some probiotics just in case the medicine upset her tummy). I gave her some tylenol before she went to bed...and what do you know?!?! She slept all night and woke up with no fever! She is now back to her happy, healthy, fun little self. In fact, on Saturday, Grady took her to the Cibolo Nature Preserve and on Sunday, we played outside for a long time!
Everything started out okay during the playdate because Sesame Street was on. Of course, that only interests her for a few minutes. The only movie that Demí will watch is Shrek!
Feeling rotten, but still playing with Slade.
Too tired to play in the ball pit with Jaxon and Slade. I'll just sit here and observe.
On Saturday, at the Cibolo Nature Preserve with Daddy. Grady said this picture he took would be perfect for an album cover.
Tracking animal prints
I think they went that way!
So happy to be healthy and playing again!
I wonder if this stick tastes as good as it looks. (Answer: No.)
Riding my car outsideI can push it too! This toy is so great!
Posing for mommy. Oh and that is not a cut above Demí's right eye. Its ravioli sauce from lunch. Mommy did a pretty lousy job cleaning up afterwards.
Yup! Our little Demí is back to her old self again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am a busy stay-at-home-mommy with two daughters, both under two years old. Photography is my passion, and I love sharing the joy of capturing special moments. If you are interested in booking a session, contact me at alisonashleyfox@yahoo.com.