On Saturday, Demí was acting very unlike herself - very fussy, clingy, and sleepy. We had Slade's first birthday party that afternoon, so I tried to get Demí to nap as much as possible before we left. I figured being around a bunch of her little friends would perk her up. Unfortunately, she was very sad and pathetic at the party. She sat in my lap and whimpered most of the time. After trying to feed her some hot dog, (which she was none too enthusiastic about) I decided we should go home (before the cake which I was upset about). When we got home, she was in a sad state: she was very lethargic and had a high fever. We put her to bed after a nice bath. Fortunately, her fever broke around noon on Sunday. Today she was back to her spunky self!

Slade had the cutest little monkey cake and he had his own banana cake all for himself!

Demí might not have been feeling well, but she sure looked precious in her little overalls.

Parker tried to cheer Demí up, but she just wasn't feeling like playing with her friends.

This was Demí after the party. All she wanted to do was sit on our laps, have her hair stroked, and watch Shrek. :(

This was Demí less than 24 hours later. Grady and I are so glad she bounced back so quickly!
No comments:
Post a Comment