Friday, April 30, 2010

Smokey the Bear would be so proud!

Today the Cub went to the local fire station to learn about fire safety. We got a great tour of the Boerne Fire Station (which was a lot bigger than what I had expected). A fireman showed the group what they wore to protect themselves and all the kids got to sit inside the fire truck. At the end, he turned on all the lights for us. It was really neat! All the kids had a really great time, except for one little boy who screamed when a fireman came out with all his gear (including his mask).
The fireman showed us how his breathing mask works. His suit weighs around 85 lbs!
The fireman showed us how quickly they have to suit up when they receive a call.
Demí was very interested in the clothing/fashion aspect of fire fighting.
All the kiddos on the brand new ($475K!) fire truck (look how excited Demí is!!!)
Demí playing with the engine tire. (She saw her reflection in the rim and tried to 'kiss the baby' before I grabbed her away. Screaming ensued.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I am a busy stay-at-home-mommy with two daughters, both under two years old. Photography is my passion, and I love sharing the joy of capturing special moments. If you are interested in booking a session, contact me at alisonashleyfox@yahoo.com.