Today, we took Mimi to lunch for her birthday. Before lunch, Mimi opened her presents, which included some jewelry from her girls, a picture from her granddaughter, and a keepsake book that Courtney put together of 60 reasons why we love our Mom. We each contributed a story or memory. It was a really beautiful idea...Mom cried when she read it. I have to admit, I cried when I wrote some of the memories. We laughed at some of the stories as well - like the one from when I was in the 1st grade and drew a picture of my mom kicking me down the stairs and a caption under the picture that read "I don't like when my mommy kicks me down the stairs." Hey - I was a very happy six year old!!! When the teacher told us to draw something we didn't like, it was the only thing I could think I wouldn't like!!! Fortunately my mom was friends with my teacher and knew I was a "creative" child, so CPS wasn't called. :)
After gifts, we went to Scenic Loop Cafe and had a fantastic lunch! They have a wonderful breakfast buffet. We sat outside so Demí was very content looking at the waterfall and the children playing. It was a really nice day!
The birthday girl with her favorite gift.
Pampa with Demí in her fancy, big girl dress (thanks Amberly!)

YAY! Present time!

Demí was excited that Mimi liked her present.

Hey! That's me in that picture!!!
The Fox Family...missing Courtney and her little bump :) Oh, and by the way, the coordinating outfits were NOT planned.
No comments:
Post a Comment